American Heart Association ACLS Advance Cardiac Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Who Needs Advance Cardiac Life Support: Healthcare professionals that are either leading or participating in cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes professionals in emergency medicine, emergency response, intensive care and critical care units.
We offer American Heart Association certified local Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) classes in North Florida and South Georgia including Jacksonville FL, Fernandina Beach FL, Saint Mary's GA, and all surrounding areas.
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
Course Requirements: You must hold a current BLS certification. You must also complete the Pre-Course Work (see below).
- You must complete this online Pre-Course Self Assessment Work
- Visit the following website: www.heart.org/eccstudent
- Enter Code: acls15
- Enter your name
- Complete the Pre-Course Self Assessment. You need a passing grade or 60%. This may require you to take this pre-course assessment several times.