Advanced Cardiac Life Support
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Who Needs ACLS:
Healthcare professionals that are either leading or participating in cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes professionals in emergency medicine, emergency response, intensive care and critical care units.
We offer American Heart Association certified local ACLS classes in North Florida and South Georgia including Jacksonville FL, Fernandina Beach FL, Saint Mary’s GA, and all surrounding areas.
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
You must hold a current BLS certification. You must also complete the Pre-Course Work (see below).
- You must complete this online Pre-Course Self Assessment Work
- Visit the following website: www.heart.org/eccstudent
- Enter Code: acls15
- Enter your name
- Complete the Pre-Course Self Assessment. You need a passing grade or 60%. This may require you to take this pre-course assessment several times.
What other says
Please read what our past students have to say about us, register for a class, and come and experience the best CPR class in North East Florida.
The instructor is very good at explaining whatever you don't understand
01:21 12 Oct 19
I love Carlos. This was the first interesting and lively CPR class I have every taken! Gained knowledge and had good laugh.
13:29 10 Oct 19
Excellent facility for the courses. Clean and comfortable. The instructor we had (Heather) was very approachable and knowledgeable. Sequence of events were timely with no wasted time. Very efficient class and presented in a really easy to recall way. The mannequins were great too, as was the hands on experience. I highly recommend First Coast CPR.
13:58 04 Oct 19
I have taken these classes for many years and this by far was the most informative and interactive class with Heather. I feel more confident that I have ever felt about CPR and First Aid.
19:50 29 Sep 19
This was fun class ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
18:18 27 Sep 19
Attended a renewal class last week, Chris was the instructor and the class was fun and he kept everyone engaged! They also have snacks so 10/10.
01:10 27 Sep 19
Carlos and gis staff are making bone dry recertification courses fun while maintaining professionalism at the same time. Registration, communication and...
06:12 23 Sep 19
Great class experience. The instructor made it fun and kept u engaged. Will definitely be back !
09:19 20 Sep 19
Carlos was an incredible instructor and communicated extremely well regarding my training. He was incredibly accommodating and friendly. His instruction was...
08:59 17 Sep 19
This is my second BLS CPR class at this location and I left more pleased after this weeks experience! Our instructor, Chris, was absolutely awesome!! He is...
18:37 14 Sep 19
Best CPR class ever.. Carlos makes it fun while learning!
12:21 29 Aug 19
The renewal course was just right for me. I would renew with them again. The online module is great as it can be done at your pace.
07:31 29 Aug 19
Excellent learning environment and culture created by staff! Personable and friendly and able to give accurate constructive criticism and/or encouragement....
09:01 21 Aug 19
Very well organized Convenient hours for those that work full time!JG
05:33 20 Aug 19
Awesome 👍professional Great teachers, You leave the class confident.
16:58 17 Aug 19