American Heart Association First Aid
Who Needs Basic First Aid: Construction & Workplace Safety, Teachers, Childcare, Babysitters, Camp Counselors and or anyone who would like to learn basic skills to assist in the case of a medical, injury or environmental emergency.
We offer American Heart Association certified local Basic First Aid classes in North Florida and South Georgia including Jacksonville FL, Fernandina Beach FL, Saint Mary's GA, and all surrounding areas.
Basic First Aid instruction includes bandaging, bleeding, wounds, choking, shock, seizure, fainting, broken bones, sprains, burns, bites, stings, poison, and temperature-related conditions, to name a few.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of rescuers
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and actions of the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to rescuers
Classroom/Online + Skills Check